Let’s ‘C’ using TLS to the web.

Its been a long few weeks since the last real techie post. We had a number of issues with the Secure Sockets program talking to our externally hosted website which took a lot of debugging to finally figure out what […]

read more →

Let’s ‘C’ a little more (about *SRVPGM management)

The program we created last time shows how to read through a message file looking for a particular text string, but we generally do not search and change system messages (we only have the snd_error_msg() function which uses the system […]

read more →

Open Source and partitioning for Linux.

There are a number of ways to approach the use of Open Source within your IBM i / IT environment. The one we see discussed a lot on the IBMIOSS groups and various other mediums is the use of the […]

read more →

Netbeans remote support working!

As promised, I have now managed to get the initial build of a C program on the IBM i using the remote build support provided by NetBeans. See my previous posting to see how I set it up the initial […]

read more →