In this instance we want the code to reside with the base code in the repository so we are happy that all of the content we build will be pushed back to the repository. A lot of the processes we followed to create the objects are the same as we did for the original post, the content in this post just shows the changes.
We created a new Workspace in RDi called RELIC_1, we still have the original Workspace so this gives us a clear line of separation.
Create the clone of the repository in the RDi location, we do this before creating the project as we encountered a few problems with the reverse.
Source is installed, Open new perspective from RSE perspective and add new IBM i project to the workspace.
We will have to call this the same name as the Git Repository location otherwise RDi complains about an overlapping project.
We still have the RELICSRC library installed so we are going to call the new library RELICSRC1, If you are merging the first and second methods of doing this and you don’t have that library created yet you can use RELICSRC.
We had an internal error (missing arguments) when we ran the request but the content was added to the project.
Push the changes from the Project view to the remote system, this will create the library and the source file for you. Notice in the image above that the RELICSRC1 library does not exist at this point.
Now the content is available in all the right places, you can carry out the creation and build of the new CLP as per the previous blog entry. Because we have already done that we are simply going to add the source member from the other install into this one and push the changes to the remote system for build. The biggest change now is that we can see the file is marked as changed by Git and placed into the Unstaged Changes view, this is where we will now commit those changes.
We are only interested in the BLDRELIC.CLP file so we will put it into the Staged Changes ready for the commit. You can drag and drop the file to the window. We will now add the commit message and Commit and Push the update.
Now the changes are stored on the remote repository.
We are added as a maintainer to the repository which allows us to contribute to the master but the correct method would be to do a Pull request and create another branch so the master branch is not polluted. We hope to cover that in another Blog entry.